Staff Pick - Ford Escape
Why Buy a New Ford Escape?
Bold. Sporty. Refined.
The new Ford Escape will appeal to family buyers with one or two children, couples and even those downsizing from larger sedans or SUVs. It will also gain the attention of more middle aged women who were definitely put off driving around in a car called a Kuga! The Kuga is dead – long live the Escape!
It can comfortably seat four adults, five at a pinch and offers between 406 and 1603 litres of cargo space, accessed via an electronically-actuated tailgate on high-grade variants. Fold down the versatile 60:40 split rear seats to accommodate all types of loads. Depending on variant, the Escape is also capable of towing between 1500-1800kg (braked).
Along with new front- and rear-end styling, the 2017 Escape will include the intuitive Sync 3 infotainment platform, which includes enhanced gesture control and connectivity with Apple Carplay and Android Auto among its standout features. The 8” capacitive touchscreen features a redesigned interface that supports smartphoe-like actions such as swipe and pinch to zoom.
Entry-grade Ambiente variants (from $30,990 D/A) arrive and are powered by an 110kW/240Nm (manual) or 134kW/240Nm (auto) 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine in conjunction with front or all-wheel drive.
The mid-spec Trend (from $34,990 D/A) is next, Also offered in front or all-wheel drive, the all-automatic Escape Trend offers the aforementioned 1.5-litre Ecoboost, a 178kW/345Nm 2.0-litre Ecoboost or a 132kW/400Nm 2.0-litre Ecoboost.
At the top of the list, flagship Escape Titanium variants (from $47,990 D/A) offer a choice of both 2.0-litre engines, and are offered exclusively with an automatic transmission and all-wheel drive. Combined-cycle fuel consumption figures range from 5.5 to 8.6L/100km.
2017 Ford Escape Standard Features
- Sync 3 with 8.0-inch capacitive touchscreen, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Embedded satellite-navigation with Traffic Management Control (TMC)
- Dual-zone climate control with rear air vents
- AM/FM/DAB+ radio, six-speaker audio with USB input, Bluetooth streaming
- Reverse Camera and rear parking sensors
- Cruise Control with speed limiter
- Daytime running-lights
- Push-button start
- Front and rear fog-lamps
- Electronic Parking Brake
- Sync Emergency Assist
- Ford MyKey
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Roof-rails in silver finish
- Privacy Glass
- Automatic rain-sensing windscreen wipers
- Automatic-dimming rear-vision mirror
- Automatic on/off headlights
- Follow-me home lighting
- Leather-wrap gear lever
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Smart Keyless Entry
- Power folding mirrors with approach light Bi-Xenon HID headlights with auto levelling
- LED Daytime-running lights
- Adaptive Beam Shape and Dynamic bending headlights
- Leather upholstery
- Heated front-seating
- 10-way power-adjustable Driver’s seat
- Front parking sensors
- Enhanced Active Park Assist
- Panoramic glass roof
- Front and rear velour floor mats
- Hands-free power tailgate
- Multi-colour ambient lighting
- LED taillights
- Nine-speaker audio
- OPTIONAL: $1300 Ford Driver Assist Technologies pack (Not available with Ambiente)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) with Driver Alert
- Lane Keeping Assist
- Auto High Beam
- Enhanced Active City Stop up to 50km/h (was previously up to 30km/h)
- Adaptive Cruise with Forward Alert and Enhanced Collision Mitigation
- BLIS with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (rear cross traffic alert is new)
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System